734186 Optimization Models and Natural Resources II
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and exercise
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2022/23
- Languages of instruction
Based on the VU Optimization Models and Natural Resources II this VU consists of two thematic areas.
Based on the already known fundamental optimization models, new applications and their extended model formulations will be presented. By the use of the Microsoft Excel Solver applied case studies will be implemented and solved. Moreover, an overview on the fundamental design of selected metaheuristics is given.
Literature study and presentation of recently published papers on optimization and natural resources in internationally renowned scientific journals.
- Previous knowledge expected
Attendance of the VU Optimization Models and Natural Resources I or self-study of the script "Optimierungsmodelle und natürliche Ressourcen" /3rd ed.)
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- Ability to mathematically model practice-oriented use cases, which can be assigned to the 3 pillars of BOKU, and to solve them independently with suitable software tools
- Understanding of the modelling and solution of practical use cases from the current scientific literature in the field of resource management
- Interpretation and presentation of the results of optimization models
- Knowledge of the basic functionality of selected state-of-the-art metaheuristics for solving optimization models
- Knowledge of suitable software tools for the solution of optimization models
- Independent recognition of optimisation problems in everyday working life and the ability to present them and show possible solutions
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.