731132 Environmental and resource economics
This page is available under these URLs:
- Exercise course
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Braito, Michael , Gerstenbauer, Anna Elisabeth
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2022/23
- Languages of instruction
In the course, students learn various concepts and methods of applied resource and environmental economics. These form the basis for an understanding of efficient resource and environmental management, which takes into account the dynamic development of a society.
- Previous knowledge expected
Basics of microeconomics (731127)
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After the successful completion of this course, students can:
- recognize and describe the relationship between externalities, market failure, and the resulting resource and environmental problems,
- analyze behavioral decisions applying game theory,
- calculate socially efficient pollution equilibria,
- explain and mathematically demonstrate the functionality of environmental, economic instruments,
- carry out a cost-benefit and multi-criteria analysis.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.