735318 Decision support systems
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Meixner, Oliver
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2022/23
- Languages of instruction
"Decision support for the solution of complex multicriteria problems"
After a general introduction to decision theory, the lecturer will give a brief overview over decision support systems for solving complex problems. The students should work out solutions for a specific question which is poorly structured and complex.
Didactic concept: introduction into theory, essay workout with indepht literature review (scientific essay), presentation of results, discussion of results, etc.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Why is decision making (DM) one of the most important tasks in our society?
How can it be improved?
Which methods may be applied (advantages vs. disadvantages)?
Important fields of application of DSS?
These are typical questions which we will discuss within this seminar. You will work out a scientific essay on these questions and present and discuss your findings together with the class.
* management of DM
* solve poorly structured, complex decision problems using a convenient decision support system
* multi criteria decision making (MCDM)
* state of the art / theories in DM
* DM tools
* new approaches in DM
* examples: strategic management decisions,investment decisons, project selection, relocation decision, mergers & acquisition, evaluation/selection of future corporate strategies, etc.
After the course you should be able to analyze and solve unstructured, complex decision problems confirming the state of the art decision making theory.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.