731343 Seminar in agricultural and food policy
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Schönhart, Martin , Schmid, Erwin
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2022/23
- Languages of instruction
The seminar covers important issues related to agricultural and food policy. Discussions are based on student’s presentations of seminar papers.
The following themes may be discussed in the seminar:
1. CAP reform (decoupling, cross compliance, modulation,...)
2. Agricultural Trade (WTO, Doha-round, US Farm Bill,...)
3. Program for Rural Development (framework, instruments,...)
4. Multifunctional Agriculture (concept, challenges, valuation of non-market goods,...)
5. Food security and safety (GMO, malnutrition, overnourishment,...)
The seminar’s methodological focus is on literature analysis. Students are asked to critically review scientific literature. Therefore, basic know-how on literature searching, reading, and citation in scientific papers will be presented.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Students should learn about the basic concepts of the discourse in agricultural and food policy. They should learn and practice the correct handling of literature in a scientific context, i.e. literature search, choice of literature, interpretation, citation. This way, students should learn basic skills necessary to successfully accomplish their thesis.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.