850103 Introduction to landscape planning and nature conservation planning
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Gugerell, Katharina , Zoderer, Brenda Maria , Eder, Renate , Damyanovic, Doris , Karlinger, Aurélie , Arnberger, Arne , Schinegger, Rafaela , Brandenburg, Christiane
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2024
- Languages of instruction
The course “Introduction to landscape planning and nature conservation planning” is devided into two parts, a lecture and a seminar.
The lecture provides an introduction into theory and practice of landscape planning and management, nature conservation planning, landscape development, landscape ecology and recreation planning in Austria. The lecture provides an overview on the study programme with a focus on the study fields of landscape and nature conservation planning.
The seminar deepens theory and practice of landscape and nature conservation planning. Based on practical examples the students learn about different methods, instruments and strategies, as well as occupational opportunities.
To participate in the course, you have to register for one of the seminar groups A or B.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After completing this course you will
- have knowledge of the main fields of work of landscape planning and nature conservation in Austria
- know some planning and nature conservation instruments and their legal framework in Austria
- know of some methods applied in landscape planning and nature conservation
- have an overview of some theories underlying landscape planning and nature conservation
- will be able to make an informed evaluation of your choice of program and career path.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.