853313 Rural tourism
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Jiricka-Pürrer, Alexandra , Pröbstl-Haider, Ulrike
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2024
- Languages of instruction
The significance of tourism for rural areas and its impacts with regard to ecological, social and economic aspects will be presented. The lecture focuses on landscape and nature, potential conflicts between tourism and nature protection will be discussed. Integrative solutions, which support the interests of tourism as well as the interests of land use and nature conservation, are explained. Management models and case studies applying sustainable tourism approaches are discussed.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Knowledge on tourism in rural areas, its characteristics and the relationship between landscape development, agriculture and tourism. Key factors for sustainable tourism development, potential target groups, novel trends and challenges/ chances following the covid pandemic
- Ability to estimate the impacts on nature and landscape aesthetics by recreation and tourism
- Introduction into applied models and concepts for conflict resolution
- Applied knowledge on sustainable destination management and tourism marketing for rural areas based on international case studies
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.