774302 Lecture from industry and excursion to industrial site
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and field trip
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Hettegger, Hubert , Rosenau, Thomas , Beaumont, Marco
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2024
- Languages of instruction
The course consists of two parts:
1) Lecture (lecture series with several speakers)
2) Excursion (2 industrial sites)
In the lecture part, experts from the industry provide insights into current industrial research and development topics related to "green chemistry".
Possible topics are:
- Bio-based chemicals for the paper industry, replacement of petroleum-based products
- Eco-friendly bleaching in the textile industry
- Utilization of lignins
- Current developments in pulp, paper, and fiber production
- Microbial dyes
- Adhesives and binders based on renewable raw materials
- Biodegradable filter materials
- Platform chemicals from renewable raw materials and agroindustrial residues
- Bioethanol and by-products of the wood industry
- Recycling and recovery
During the excursion, the previously learned content will be deepened. Two industrial sites will be visited in two independent days. The respective excursion locations will be announced later.
- Previous knowledge expected
Basic knowledge in green chemistry and biorefinery.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Insight into current topics of "green chemistry" in industry, scaling from laboratory to pilot and industrial scale, hurdles, requirements, economic and ecological limits, current trends and research activities of Austrian industries, insight into the dimensions and influence of industrial technologies, the potential for the future, insight into the industrial world of work, differences to university research, getting to know start-up companies.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.