850103 Introduction to landscape planning and nature conservation planning
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Stoisser, Felix , Struger, Florian , Karlinger, Aurélie , Wanner, Alice , Clemens, Rosalie , Pannach, Paulin , Rosa De Pauli, Cecilie , Gantner, Birgit , Gabor, Anna , Schinegger, Rafaela , Scheibenreif, Silvia , Gugerell, Katharina , Stocker, Mirjam , Damyanovic, Doris , Arnberger, Arne , Eder, Renate , Brandner, Anjoulie , Zoderer, Brenda Maria , Zimmermann, Thomas , Brandenburg, Christiane
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2023/24
- Languages of instruction
Please note: The language of the course is German
The course “Introduction to landscape planning and nature conservation planning” is divided into two parts, a lecture and a seminar.
The lecture provides an introduction into theory and practice of landscape planning and management, nature conservation planning, landscape development, landscape ecology and recreation planning in Austria. The lecture provides an overview on the study programme with a focus on the study fields of landscape and nature conservation planning.
The seminar deepens theory and practice of landscape and nature conservation planning. Based on practical examples the students learn about different methods, instruments and strategies, as well as occupational opportunities.
To participate in the course, you have to register for one of the seminar groups 1-8.
Start of the first lecture: 2.10.23; 9:00
The seminar part will take place on the following days: 2.10.23 (13:00) until 6.10.23. For more details see "Scheduled Dates".
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
When students have finished the course, they
- have knowledge about the main fields of work of landscape and nature conservation planning in Austria
- know some planning instruments and the legal basis in Austria
- know some methods applied in landscape and nature conservation planning
- have an overview of some theories underlying landscape and nature conservation planning
- are able to reproduce case-related problems and solution strategies in the field of landscape planning and nature conservation,
- will be able to make an informed evaluation of their choice of program and career path.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.