853413 Methods of knowledge integration in inter- and transdisciplinary research
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Radinger-Peer, Verena , Winckler, Christoph , Penker, Marianne , Gühnemann, Astrid
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2023/24
- Languages of instruction
This course presents various methods for interdisciplinary knowledge integration as well as their theoretcial backgrounds.
Discussions and student assignments will be arranged around four core topics:
1) systems thinking and modelling / integration of qualitative and quantitative approaches
(coordination:Astrid Gühnemann, Andreas Muhar)
2) dialogue based and participatory methods of knowledge integration
(coordination: Marianne Penker, Christoph Winckler)
3) thinking about futures / scenario technique / foresighting
(coordination: Andreas Muhar, Marianne Penker)
4) integrated assessment and decision support methods
(coordination: Christoph WInckler, Astrid Gühnemann)
- Previous knowledge expected
Participants should be familiar with the foundations of inter- and transdisciplinary research.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Participants will have acquired skills in understanding the challenges of interdisciplinary dialogue, in integrating data and findings from different disciplinary paradigms.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.