852109 Social sciences research methods
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and exercise
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Wolfsteiner, Fabia , Houben, Pia , Ornetzeder, Michael
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2023/24
- Languages of instruction
The lecture should provide basic understanding of social science working ans research methods.
The subject matter is ranging from theoretical basic knowledge to very practical research questions.
Students will be able to value which constributions landscape planning can expect from the social sciences, in which way they can make use of social research methods, and in which way cooperation with social scientists can be arranged effciently.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- Introduction to the way of thinking in the social sciences
- Basic knowledge on the processes and methods of social research
- Introduction on the know-how of social research
- Basic knowledge concerning the writing and presenting of social research studies
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.