854325 Planning instruments of landscape planning and open space design
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Baumgartner, Maria
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2023/24
- Languages of instruction
This course provides an overview of Austrian planning instruments relevant to landscape planning and open space design. It communicates contents, legal requirements and standard applications of different instruments. A focus is put on the
possibilities and limits of each instrument, their use in practice, opportunities, and difficulties that may arise as well as on how planning affects living conditions and landscape. However, the course also allows to explore international planning such as the European Landscape Convention.
The students analyse examples of planning instruments or conduct interviews and present their results in the seminar and in a scientific paper.
The course will take place en block on 8 afternoons but can also be completed entirely online. For further information on dates and places see "scheduled dates".
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
This seminar will provide you with an overview of planning instruments relevant to landscape planning and open space design, their legal framework and their impacts on people´s every day life.
Students who have completed the course successfully…
• know the different planning instruments of Landscape Planning and Open Space Design in Austria as well as current examples of planning tools and projects at home and abroad,
• are aware of the legal and normative anchoring of planning instruments,
• have worked with a standard service catalogue and calculation recommendations. They have a basic knowledge of order processing and public procurement in Austria,
• are able to scrutinize projects in terms of their organizational framework, content and impact on people according to the Critical Theory of Landscape and Open Space Planning,
• have presented a current project, analyzed and discussed it with others,
• have written a specialist article on a project and taken their own stand
• are able to deal constructively with criticism and to create a joint report as a group.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.