854109 Bachelor´s thesis seminar
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Weber, Karin , Mayrhofer, Rita
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2023/24
- Languages of instruction
This seminar will provide students working on their bachelor's thesis with supervision, guidance and feedback on their scientific research and writing.
Students can choose their own topic of the thesis as long as it is linked thematically or geographically with a topic or place that has been worked on in a previous project.
During the course of the seminar you will:
- you will choose and define your research questions.
- you will draft a research proposal including a work and time plan.
- you will get input on the choice of an appropriate method for your research.
- you will get guidance on scientific writing and research methods
- you will get regular feedback on the progress of your thesis (one-to-one feedback and group-feeback)
- you will give presentations on the progress and results of the thesis
- Previous knowledge expected
The completion of one of the main projects in landscape planning.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After the completion of the seminar and thesis, students :
- know how to draft a research proposal and can apply that knowledge in a similar research
- know and apply the essential steps of a scientific research process within the planning disciplines
- have improved their skills in scientific writing and reporting
- have improved their presentation skills
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.