854307 Visual thinking in landscape planning and in the arts
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Scharmann, Ingrid
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2023/24
- Languages of instruction
- What is "visual thinking"? Introduction to the Gestalt Theory.
- Perception as an active process of thinking.
- Perception: the constitution of relationships and the thinking in pictures
• Expressive quality, structures, abstraction, concepts ("Denk-Bilder", thought pictures), conciseness, chaos versus order
• Tools for an analysis of the visual perception
• The basics of visual creation: line, proportion, rhythm, direction and space, colour Linie, Proportion, Rhythmus, Richtung und Raum, Farbe
- A comparison of the creative with the scientific process
- Mind Mapping, info-design, layout
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After completion of the seminar students
• can analyse and structure visual information of their own work and of the work of others
• can apply the gestalt theorie of perception in future projects and in a knowledge gaining process
• can work with visual material respectfully and according to the code of conduct for scientific research and copy rights.
• know the impact and role of visual material in science and can design and use visual material in a conscious and reflective way.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.