736133 Environmental law
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Ferraris, Antoine , Ennöckl, Daniel
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2023/24
- Languages of instruction
The lecture will be held in German!
The course introduces the general outline of environmental law and imparts knowledge about the principles, instruments and actors of national, European and international environmental law.
Firstly, the international, European and constitutional framework conditions of Austrian environmental law are discussed, and an overview of central environmental legal areas is given. Special attention will be given to plant, water, forestry and waste management law, as well as the environmental impact assessment, air pollution, planning and nature protection law, infrastructure and energy law, comprehensive eco-audit and environmental information, genetic engineering and chemicals law, environmental liability, and environmental private law and criminal law.
- Previous knowledge expected
No prior knowledge is required.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After completing the course, the students are able to:
- Outlines the instruments and principles of international, European and Austrian environmental law.
- Solve simple case constellations independently in environmental law.
- Analyse the legal framework of environmental policy discussion processes based on current European and Austrian legal developments.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.