FINAL CONFERENCE of the projects SPARE and AlpES
The results, experiences and know-how of the projects will be presented and shared at this joint final event. The focus will be on the mapping and assessment of ecosystem services and the protection and management of Alpine rivers. In particular, the experiences with participation and involvement of local decision-makers and stakeholders will be elaborated.
Representatives of the Alpine Convention, the Alpine Space Programme, AlpES & SPARE and civil society will contribute to this dialogue about the environmental priorities of ecosystem services and Alpine rivers.
The project SPARE (Strategic Planning for Alpine River Ecosystems – Integrating protection and development) aimed at contributing to a further harmonization of human use requirements and protection needs. Nine project partners from six Alpine countries were working together to
- improve strategic river management approaches across different spatial and governance levels of the Alps, while integrating ecosystem services and participatory approaches
- exchange, adapt and capitalize existing river management experiences and good practices
- provide a pan-Alpine overview of the environmental status of rivers
- identify ecologically sensitive river stretches as scientific foundations for protection strategies
- promote awareness of the functions and services provided by Alpine rivers, as well as their vulnerability
Programme Download – https://www.cipra.org/en/pdfs/Programme.pdf/at_download/file
Registration - https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/FinalEvent2018-AlpES-SPARE
More Information about the SPARE Project: http://www.alpine-space.eu/projects/spare/en/home
More information about the AlpES Project: http://www.alpine-space.eu/projects/alpes/en/home
The projects are co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund through the Alpine Space Programme