BOKU Ball Dresscode
Traditional garments are an integral part of Austria’s culture. Therefore there is a wide range of garb, ranging by purpose, from all day-dresses to festive ones, and by geographical region. The BOKU Ball is one of the few Ball events, where traditional garments are welcomed.
- Dresses have to cover the knee and need to be worn with a blouse.
- Lederhose (traditional trousers) combined with stockings that are knee-high and traditional jacket
- Shirt with tie or so-called "Trachtenbinder"
- Traditional suit or costume
- Evening dresses must be floor length
- An elegant pantsuit can also be worn instead of a dress
- A dark suit, tuxedo or tailcoat combined with a single-coloured collar shirt and a matching tie or bow tie
- Elegant shoes
Please do not wear…
- Traditional dresses not covering the knee and garbs worn without a blouse
- Cocktail dresses
- Too light coloured suits, patterned collar shirts, casual street shoes or no ties or bow ties
- Traditional trousers not covering the knee or without knee socks
Please be advised that unsuitably dressed guests can be denied from admission to the venue, without a refund of the ticket price. The security team is instructed to expel unsuitably dressed guests from the venue throughout the course of the whole evening. If you have questions concerning your outfit please contact us at bokuball[AT]oehboku.at.