With the successful digitalization of the chemicals management (platform: sciformation ELN) as of July 1, 2022, a significant step in the improvement of employee safety will be achieved on the one hand and an important contribution to the responsible use of resources will be made on the other.
The information of all substances available on site regarding quality, quantity, storage location including the corresponding safety documents are now accessible with a few clicks to all qualified institute employees, as well as specially authorized persons boku-wide, but also to the emergency forces.
Special thanks for the exemplary implementation within the framework of the digitization offensive of BOKU are expressed to the following BOKU employees:
- Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Markus Blaukopf from the Institute of Organic Chemistry for the lead supervision and management of the BOKU project Chemical Database.
Staff and laboratory technicians of the Institute of Food Science:
- Thomas Peham (inventory, organization, technical assistance/support, support of the lab technicians)
- Julia Mayer (first initiative, inventory)
- Nicole Schamberger and Iris Biedermann (inventory and implementation in the AG Lebensmittelchemie)
- Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Ulrike Zitz (inventory documents, assistance with classification of chemicals, CMR substances and poisons)
The Institute Management