UH 796 761 Doctoral programme Advanced Biorafineries: Chemistry and Materials (ABC & M)
This page is available under these URLs:
ABC & M provides an integrated research and educational platform in various biorefinery scenarios, i.e. processing of renewable resources according to green and sustainable principles.
Further information about the research focus, the training programme for doctoral candidates and the faculty members are available on the website of the Doctoral School: abcm.boku.ac.at
- Admission requirements for doctoral studies „Advanced Biorefineries: Chemistry and Materials“, „AgriGenomics”, „Biomaterials and Biointerfaces”, „Bioprocess Engineering“, „Build like Nature: Resilient Buildings, Materials and Society“, „Hazards and Risks in Alpine Regions under Global Change“, „Human River Systems in the 21st Century“, „Social Ecology“ and „Transitions to Sustainability“ include:
- a.1.) a diploma or Master’s degree in natural sciences, engineering sciences or in social and economic sciences
- a.2.) a degree from an accredited Austrian or international university that is equivalent to the diploma or Master's degrees listed under item a.1.
- a.3.) a degree from an accredited degree programme at an Austrian Fachhochschule (University of Applied Sciences)
- b) the acceptance into a BOKU Doctoral School
- c) the conclusion of a supplementary program-specific doctoral thesis agreement.
Duration and structure
- The doctoral studies „Advanced Biorefineries: Chemistry and Materials“, „AgriGenomics”, „Biomaterials and Biointerfaces”, „Bioprocess Engineering“, „Build like Nature: Resilient Buildings, Materials and Society“, „Hazards and Risks in Alpine Regions under Global Change“, „Human River Systems in the 21st Century“, „Social Ecology“ and „Transitions to Sustainability“ comprise a minimum of 180 ECTS credits, including at least 20 ECTS credits of doctoral courses. The minimum of ECTS credits of doctoral courses as well as all mandatory courses that have to be taken are specified in the program-specific supplementary doctoral thesis agreement of the Doctoral School.
- Admission granted according to § 2 section 1 item a.3., stipulates additions to the programme congruent with legal requirements.
- Upon successful admission to the doctoral studies the candidate is to officially register his or her doctoral project at the Dean's Office within one year. For registration the following information is to be provided:
- Dissertation topic
- Academic degree to be awarded upon successful defense of the doctoral thesis (based on field of research)
- Name of supervisor with full teaching authorization (venia docendi) or equivalent qualification. The supervisor needs to be part of the faculty of the Doctoral School.
- Presentation of an exposé approved by the supervisor, including:
- Advisory team: Must be at least 3 persons including the supervisor and at least one additional faculty member of the Doctoral School with venia docendi or equivalent qualification. At least one member of the advisory team must not to be from BOKU or the faculty of the BOKU Doctoral School.
- Time and work schedule
- Plan of resources
- Proposal for doctoral courses