OA-Publishing at Wiley
New: Publish in Gold OA journals free of charge too
The Main Library offers BOKU scientists the opportunity to publish Open Access in Wiley's and Hindawi's fully gold open access journals and in any of Wiley's hybrid journals at no charge *). Open Access fees (Article Processing Charges, APC) are charged centrally at the library. The agreement also includes online reading access to over 1,500 scientific journals. The new agreement is still under negotiation (status 19.01.2024).
Who can use this offer?
Members of BOKU (active employment status at the date of acceptance)
- who are corresponding author
- with an active employment status at the date of submission for Wiley's and Hindawi's fully gold open access journals
- with an active employment status at the date of acceptance for Wiley's hybrid journals
- eligible article types: research oder review articles
- After acceptance of the article you are able to decide to make it open access. So you have to choose the option "OnlineOpen".
- Choose your affiliation - "KEMÖ-Instituion".
- Please use your institutional email address for easy verification.
- The article will be published under a Creative Commons License.
The open access support of BOKU should be specified in the acknowledgments. ("Open access funding provided by University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU)".)
*) Please note that Wiley Open Access Accounts cannot be used to cover page charges, color-in-print charges, manuscript conversion which individual journals administer separately.
Wiley Open Access Agreement - Information at the website of the Austrian Academic Library Consortium
Please direct questions to ub.support(at)boku.ac.at.