Holdings of the University Archive
This page is available under these URLs:
The archive stores the files of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences from its beginnings in 1872 until now.
The main focus lies on the correspondence of the Rectorate and the University Management between 1872 and 1986.
The holdings of the Archive consist of:
- Protocols of the Council of Professors
- Correspondence of the Rectorate and the University Management
- Files concerning habilitations
- Files concerning dissertations
- matriculation registers (up to 1965)
- Correspondence concerning academic affairs
- Miscellaneous collections (medals, pictures, gifts)
- Files concerning honorary degrees
- Nachlässe/Estates (see Register of Artistic, Literary, Academic and Cultural-Political Estates in Austria)
Due to deaccessioning activities in the years 1903, 1920, 1940 which led to permanent withdrawal of many files the overall holdings are rather reduced.
The documents are accessible through index-books and a protocol register, which are complete for the years between 1872 and 1986. For the years after 1986 a basic overview for the holdings is available.
Since the archive never was the central archive for the University, many other facilities maintain their own depositories. Some of these depositories go back as far as the 19th Century. Some facilities, e.g. Staff Management administrate their own files. Due to these circumstances the Archive of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences has no files concerning staff, but will try to answer questions in cooperation with Staff Management. Om May 15th, 2017 the new archiving guideline was published in the Mitteilungsblatt of BOKU.