Students have to follow the general BOKU examination regulations:
To complete the emPLANT+ programme, you have to have passed all required courses and received a positive grade in the Master's thesis and defence examination.
In order to apply for the defence, your transcript of records has to show positive grades for all the courses of your Individual Course Plan and your Master's thesis must be finished and evaluated.
Steps towards Graduation
- You have to register your Master's thesis when you start working on it. Latest possible date for registration: March 15
- A semester before graduating:
Enter all courses done at the partner university (not BOKU) in your BOKUonline account (one data sheet per course) (info-guide accreditation/recognition).
- A semester before graduating (AFTER completing step 2):
Have your Individual Course Plan and your Transcript of Records from the home university (with signature and stamp, including ALL exam dates) checked at with the administrative coordinator Ulrike Piringer and submit both documents at the Study services (Gregor-Mendel-Straße 33, 1180 Wien, studienservices(at)boku.ac.at). For the pre-check at the study services it is sufficient to submit copies by e-mail, but please be aware that you have to submit the originals at latest with the other required documents for graduation mid of July
- June - July 15:
Organize your defense and submit your Master's thesis and the required documents for graduating at the Study services (Gregor-Mendel-Straße 33, 1180 Wien)
- Please check the list of documents in paragraph "1. For a defensio" on the website "Graduation from international Master's degree programmes"
- The documents for the completion of Master's degree programmes are to be sent together by email (studienservices(at)boku.ac.at). The Master´s thesis must be also submitted electronically to Study Services no later than three weeks before the date of the defensio. Please use BOKUdrive. The instructions can be found here. The graduation documents are only to be issued after a bound copy of the master´s thesis has been submitted to the study services by mail or by appointment.
- According to the "guidelines for the defensio" the student coordinates a date for the defence with two university teachers with venia docendi (="habilitiert") - that means professors, associated professors and Priv.Doc (but NOT assistant professors) - one of them being the main thesis supervisor. The chair for the defensio will be appointed by the Study services and has to be a member of a different department than the thesis supervisor. Students may suggest a chair. The defence (45 minutes) consists of a presentation (20 minutes) and a scientific discussion. Further details can be found in the guidelines.
- Students are asked to arrange the date and place of the defensio with the supervisor, the co-supervisor and the 2nd examiner (and if suggested also the chair - see above) in advance. The final exam can be held by video conference. When you submit the required documents for graduating, inform the study services about the planned date/place. The earliest possible date for your defense is 3 weeks and 1 day after you submitted all documents correctly in the study services - please consider the exam free period at BOKU ("prüfungsfrei"). The latest possible date is September 10.
The Study services will send you an e-mail as soon as your graduation documents are ready (1-4 weeks after the defence). You need your BOKUcard or an official photographic ID and the confirmation of the UStat2 questionnaire (Info-Guide UStat - Info-Guide Substitute Code) to pick them up.
Please inform at your home university about the graduation procedure there. Do not forget to submit your BOKU transcript of records and your BOKU Individual Course Plan (signed and approved) to the partner university on time!