A good start at BOKU: Welcome Days and Other Events
We are happy to invite you to our Welcome Days for International Students from 27. to 30. September 2021: Get to know BOKU and your fellow students!
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the Welcome Days will take place as a combination of online events (no registration) and on-site events (registration and adherence to the Covid-19 Safety Regulations required).
Additionally, we offer our online info sessions "First Steps at BOKU" before the start of the semester.
Missed the info session?
Overall, there are 4 sessions, 2 sessions online and 2 sessions on site (each 2 groups with 20 participants). Please take part in one info session shortly before or after your arrival.
Attention: Participation in an on-site info session is only possible if you have registered online, have received a registration confirmation by e-mail and if you abide to the Covid-19 safety regulations. (Registration is possible until 14:00 the day prior to the event)
- Wednesday, 15.09., 09:00-10:30 on-site with registration OR
Registration Deadline: 14.09., 16:00
- Monday, 20.09., 10:00-11:30 online OR
After 17.09., you will find the zoom link here.
- Thursday, 23.09., 10:00-11:30 on-site with registration OR
Registration Deadline: 22.09., 16:00
- Monday, 27.09., 14:00-15:30 online (part of the Welcome Days)
After 24.09., you will find the zoom link here.
Programme Welcome Days for International Students
The online events will be held as zoom meetings (no registration required!). There is one link for all general/bilingual and english speaking events and a second link for the events held in German. Please just click on the respective link in the programme! (All time specifications are CET - Central European Time).
For events on-site signing-up is required. The events will take place in small groups.
Attention: Participation is only possible if you have registered online, have received a registration confirmation by e-mail and if you abide to the Covid-19 safety regulations.
Information on personal data processing
COVID-19 Safety Regulations for On-site Events:
Only persons who signed up for the infosession via our registration system and received a registration confirmation are allowed to participate in the infosession on-site.
Please bring a valid document proving that you are either vaccinated, tested or recovered (see https://short.boku.ac.at/int-in-current-en)
To speed up the verification at the beginning of the event, we would ask you to upload the document until 14:00 the day prior to the event to https://bokubox.boku.ac.at/index.php/#ffccf9cc47faa0fd3252793584835b58
Vaccinated (with a centrally licensed vaccine against COVID19):
Proof of less than 9 months (270 days) past
- COVID19 second vaccination, or
- COVID19 vaccination with vaccine administered in only one dose e.g. Johnson & Johnson (valid from the 22nd day after the single vaccination), or
- Single dose COVID19 vaccination after recovery.
- Segregation certificate, not older than 6 months, issued by the authority. Important: The person for whom the certificate was issued has been proven to be SARS-COV2 positive; or
- Proof of neutralizing antibodies, not older than 3 months, issued by a certified laboratory!
Tested (valid from 1.9.2021, in analogy to the requirements of the city of Vienna):
- Negative Covid-19 test result
- of an antigen test not older than 24 hours (performed and issued by approved body). Antigen self-tests are not accepted!
- or of a PCR test not older than 48 hours (issued by approved body).
- Negative Covid-19 test result
Bring a FFP2 mask (mandatory in public BOKU areas) and keep the distance to the other participants. Wash your hands regularly and use the disinfectant dispensers.
Do not join, if you have any cold symptoms.
If you are tested positive with COVID-19 within 14 days after the event, please contact erasmustoboku(at)boku.ac.at so that we can inform the other participants