854319 Project in landscape planning
- Project course
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2019
- Languages of instruction
- Deutsch, Englisch
Urban Landscape – Urban Gardening
(Re)discovered by urban gardening, open Spaces are fundamental to quality of urban life. Viennese and international examples of Urban Gardening will be discussed in social and economic contexts. How much farmland needs self-sufficiency? This question after the food sovereignty will clear (historical) profession contributions. Planning instruments versus city development conceptions and preparatory land-use plans will be checked critically how they can 'protect' the productive urban landscape.
- Introduction in `Urban Gardening´ – own experiences and international examples (North and South America, Europe, Asia)
- The theory of open space planning determines different types of Urban Gardening: Guerrilla gardening up to community gardens. Mapping of examples in Vienna.
- Where do gardening? How much farmland needs Urban Gardening? Profession contributions in 1920, 1970, 2010, 2025. Theory of the subsistence economy/agriculture.
- Previous knowledge expected
Knowledge of spatial analysis methods and spatial planning instruments of advantage.
Basic knowledge of German of advantage.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
This project will focus on a specific planning issue and topic, on which the students will gain a deeper insight and knowledge of throughout the course.
The project is organized as a case study. Case study area and topic will change every year.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.