958142 Viticulture - practices
- Exercise and field trip
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Linhart, Lea , Kutz, Anna , Herrera, Jose Carlos , Kührer, Erhard , Harm, Andreas , Forneck, Astrid
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2020
- Languages of instruction
Practical demonstration of the work in the vineyard: Propagation (rootstocks, scions, grafting, nursery), replanting, training-systtems, genesis (from bud to grape), pruning-systems, bend the fruiting canes, removal of shoots, canopy regulation, soil-management, harvest. Visit to vineyards and wine-makers.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- can apply and perform pruning to various educational systems,
- learn the basics for the production of planting material (nursery),
- Can describe a vineyard area and their location,
- learn how to assess illnesses in vine stocks,
- can apply and take measures to canopy management and selective harvest,
- acquire knowledge in practical tillage and crop management,
- receive a demonstration of the use of technical procedures in viticulture.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.