853325 Planning for nature based tourism
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2019/20
- Languages of instruction
First the lecture provides basic knowledge on the main aspects of tourism science, as well as on the main definitions, parameters, motives and habits. These background information is the basis for the implementation of diverse models, planning solutions and strategies. The contribution of landscape planning and landscape architecture to a sustainable tourism and leisure development is discussed. Main aspects are the appreciation of the local and regional tourism background, the solution of conflicts between nature and tourism and the development of a sustainable management system.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- Basic knowledge on definitions and significant research methods,
- Knowledge concerning the development of leisure and travel behaviour and the social distinction of habits,
- Background information about motives and reasons for leisure activities and travel decisions with consideration of landscape and trends in leisure and recreation,
- Application of models to estimate the economic significance of leisure and tourism, as well as the consideration of strategies for solving conflicts and developing brands,
- skills for the promotion of a sustainable tourism development,
- knowledge of the handling of environmental impacts and interests in tourism section.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.