853107 Field trip landscape management
This page is available under these URLs:
- Field trip
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2021
- Languages of instruction
- Englisch, Deutsch
The Course will focus on potential for dual land use (specifically, agrovoltaics) in Vienna / Austria.
The following activities are envisioned:
Group 1: on-site field trip, 2 days (if the Covid-situation allows it) to Simmering, exploring the area and visiting different stakeholders.
*our stakeholders are more comfortable speaking german than English, so for non-German speakers we will find a solution of interpretation or alternatively, Group 2 is a better option:
Group 2: individual research and field-study of a synergetic renewable energy project/synergetic land use project of your choice.
Group assignments will be discussed in detail and decided during the first meeting
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- Addressing the idea of dual land use and the first applications of photovoltaics on greenhouses in Vienna.
- Perception of landscape changes due to renewable energy infrastructure and possible climate change adaptations.
- Awareness of the interaction between science, policy and practice and the challenges with regard to dual land use
- Insights into food production in Viennese horticulture
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.