853314 Digital visualisation techniques
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2021
- Languages of instruction
The students of this course learn about the basics of digital visualisation techniques in the field of landscape planning and landscape architecture
The following topics are in focus:
* System overview
* 3 dimensional modelling and texturing
* Visualisation of landscape changes
* Visualisation of vegetation
* The meaning of digital visualisation techniques for communication and planning processes
In the practical classes, we use the following software packages for our work:
- Trimble SketchUp
- Visual Nature Studio 3
ATTENTION: This course requires an active user account (BOKU-Account) from the “Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)” (zidweb.boku.ac.at).
- Previous knowledge expected
Good computer skills. Basic knowledge in graphic software and image manipulation as well as basic GIS and CAD skills
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
The goal of this course is to teach the basic principles on of digital visualisation and modelling techniques for landscape planning and landscape architecture.
By practical work with three different 3D programs, the students can directly transfer the theoretical knowledge into practical solutions. By the end of the course, students are able to create their own 3D models and visualize them for different media
Additionally, applications and options for presentation in applied planning processes will be teached.
- Understanding the principles and main techniques for digital visualization in landscape architecture and landscape planning.
- Practical Work with selected Software for Visualization.
- Discussion of the possible applications in practice
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.