893127 Air pollution control
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Duong, Van Minh
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2022
- Languages of instruction
• Nature of air pollution, origins, relative types and characteristics
• Sources and relative effects of air pollutants and industrial flue gas control measures.
• Integrated approaches in ambient air quality and pollution control
• Controlling principles, routes and processes for gaseous pollutants in general.
• Common methods, devices and industrial applications of aerosol particles control.
• Atmospheric photochemistry, urban photochemical smog pollution control strategy and clean air programmes.
• Large scale effects of air pollution: global warming, ozone layer depletion and acid rain.
• Energetic solution and related carbon capture, transport and storage issues in atmospheric pollution mitigation.
• Ambient air quality monitoring and industrial source sampling schemes.
• Fundamentals of air pollution modelling
- Previous knowledge expected
+ General Chemistry
+ Process engineering (e.g. Prozesstechnik I + II)
+ Environmental science and engineering
+ Atmospheric pollution and climate change
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- The students will be able to identify the essential components of the air pollution phenomenas, types, correlated effects, transformation processes and integrated approaches in controlling.
- The students know the recent practices of energy conversion applications for heat production and electricity generation and related industrial flue gas emission.
- The students know the ambient air quality monitoring, industrial source sampling and relevant analytical measurement.
- The students will be able to explain the common principles, routes and processes in controlling the gaseous pollutants and aerosol particles.
- The students know examples of industrial gaseous emission control devices, technologies and system schematic design.
- The students will be able to explain the urban air pollution, types of smog, controlling strategies and clean air program in European cities.
- The students practically exercise the major atmospheric pollution issues recent days and therefore discuss the energetic solutions on a comparative basis of atmospheric pollution mitigation.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.