818302 After Hiroshima and Fukushima: nuclear safety or present danger?
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Müllner, Nikolaus , Liebert, Wolfgang
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2022/23
- Languages of instruction
Hiroshima and Fukushima are standing for the dangers of nuclear technology. Nucleyar weapons are supposed to guaratee peace. The further spread of nuclear weapons (proliferation) is not stopped. Fukushima and other accidents and incidents have made clear that the use of nuclear energy is risky. Around Austria, which has renounced nuclear weapons and nuclear energy, nuclear reactors are running in in other countries. Can the safety of nuclear facilities be guaranteed?
Issues to betreated in the lecture (basic knowledge):
- Safety risks of nuclear reactors
- Consequences of large accidents
- "Stresstest" for European reactors
- "Renaissance" of nuclear energy
- Uranium supply for rectors
- Nuclear waste
- Proliefartion dangers
- Spread of nuclear weapons and promise of total nuclear disarmament
- Dealing with a risk technology
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Basic knowledge about nuclear safety/security and nuclear risk. Competences in assessing a risk technology.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.