857316 International land management
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Mansberger, Reinfried , Seher, Walter
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2022/23
- Languages of instruction
The topics of this course are land administration and land use planning.
The course comprises a lecture part and a workshop (incl. roundtable discussion)
Content of lecture part (as of July 2022):
- Introduction to land management
- Land administration systems (cadastre and land register)
- Land tenure and access to land
- Introduction to land use planning
Schedule Workshop and Roundtable (as of July 2022):
Keynote given by an international expert in land management
Impulse presentations or poster presentation on one of the above mentioned topcis (elective):
"Land Administration System: Concept and implemention (on the example of a selected country)"
"Land Use Planning: Concept and implemention (on the example of a selected country)"
Detailed discussion in small groups related to the topics outlined above and presentation of results achieved
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After completing this course students are familiar with following topics of land management in an international context:
- land management as an issue,
- types of land tenure and access to land,
- methods and instruments of land administration,
- concepts and systems of in land use planning.
Furthermore, students are able to present selected topics of land management based on literature review (oral presentation). They are able to discuss these topics within a group.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.