This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Schwarz, Sigrid
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2022/23
- Languages of instruction
Mediation is a method where a neutral third party supports people in solving conflicts by means of negotiating. The parties involved work out their own solution considering each party´s interests: in a future-oriented, self-determined and solution-oriented process.
• Recognition of conflicts
• Criteria for involving a mediator
• Mediation Contract : What has to be considered
• Mediation procedure:
Collection of topics
Development of options
• Mediation Agreement: Documentation of the result that is binding for the parties involved
Supplement: The Harvard Concept: Getting to Yes
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
The purpose of the seminar is to get to know "Mediation" as a method for resolving conflicts. Based on examples from real life brought in by the participating students and/or lecturers (e.g. conflicts in nature conservation projects, consulting etc) the subject matter is worked on in a process-orientated way by means of role-plays and group work.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.