This page is available under these URLs:
The application for a merit-based scholarship is possible once a year. Minimum requirements, required documents and application deadlines are defined in the call for applications.
Here you will find the current call for applications.
The application for the merit-based scholarship 2021/22 is possible within the application period until 14 October 2022. You can find the online form here (login required):
Explanations on the application
Before you start entering data, please make sure that you have prepared all the documents required according to the call for applications for uploading. This will help you to avoid a possible abortion of your entries and the associated loss of data. To check/correct your entries, please use the "Back" option and never the "Back" function of your browser, as this can also lead to a loss of data.
If you have cancelled your entry, you can reopen the online form within the application deadline and start again.
A confirmation of receipt via email will only be sent, if your entry is complete and we have received your application. It is not necessary to ask Study Services whether your application has been received. All applicants will probably be informed in writing about the decision at the end of December 2022.
Please enter only your BOKU email address in the online application. For data protection reasons, no private email addresses can be included in the online application.
- Do not upload any proof of academic achievement (transcript of records, individual certificates, FLAG proof) from the University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna. Certificates of academic achievement from the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna are automatically taken into account.
- Documents can only be uploaded in PDF format.
- Please name the uploaded documents according to the following format: "Last name_First name_Type of Document".
- Certificates and notices are only taken into account if they have already been recognised in BOKUonline.
a) Unconfirmed achievements: If you have not yet applied for recognition of an achievement or if it has not been confirmed by Study Services and therefore does not appear on your transcript of records, please contact the Recognitions section separately by email (email@example.com). If this is not done, such an achievement will not be confirmed despite uploaded proof and will also not be considered for the merit-based scholarship.
b) Confirmed achievements: If no proof is uploaded for an achievement that has already been entered and confirmed, it will also not be taken into account.
THE FOLLOWING PROOFS MUST BE UPLOADED:
The academic year 2021/22 covers the period 01.10.2021 to 30.09.2022.
- Recognition notices: Only recognitions for which the original performance was completed in the academic year 2021/22 can be considered.
ATTENTION: Early credits and "1:1" credits (for credits completed in another BOKU study programme) are not automatically taken into account. You must apply for their recognition for your degree programme separately via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proofs of achievement: Only for already confirmed achievements of other educational institutions in the academic year 2021/22.
- Approved equivalence lists: Only for already confirmed equivalence lists of stays abroad (after stay) for achievements in the academic year 2021/22.
- Evaluation sheet for a defensio: In order for the Master's thesis to be considered, the defensio must have taken place in the academic year 2021/22.
- Certificate of viva voce: For consideration of the dissertation, the viva voce must have taken place in the academic year 2021/22.
- Proof of equal status as a national (§ 4 StudFG): Only relevant for third-country nationals, stateless persons and refugees.
a) Citizens of the EEA area (e.g. Germany, Italy) and Switzerland are treated equally to Austrian students according to § 4 StudFG. Since information on the nationality of the students is stored by Study Services, no separate proof is required.
b) Third-country nationals, stateless persons and refugees must prove that they meet the requirements for equal treatment according to § 4 StudFG.
- Evidence of study time delays (§ 19 StudFG): Important reasons are illness of the student, if it is proven by a medical certificate; pregnancy of the student and any unforeseen or unavoidable event, if the student is not at fault or only has a minor degree of negligence.