COVID-19: Current information on teaching about the academic year 2022/23
Update COVID-19 - March 1,2023
As of March 1, 2023, the Corona rules in Austria, such as the obligation to wear masks on public transport, will be largely abolished. At BOKU, we have constantly adapted the measures for the protection of employees and students to the current Corona situation in recent years and have thus been able to prevent larger clusters from forming. Since daily life can now take place almost without restrictions, we also want to adapt our regulations at BOKU. We appeal to your personal responsibility in the sense of a prosperous coexistence: Please continue to protect yourself and others as best you can.
As of now, the following applies at all BOKU locations:
- We recommend maintaining the hygiene rules (washing hands, airing, keeping distance).
- For employees: If you have been tested positive, have symptoms and are not able to work: sick leave as determined by the general practitioner, as with all other illnesses.
- If you have been tested positive and have no symptoms, we request that you do not come to BOKU for the protection of your colleagues (for employees: home office in consultation with your supervisor). If a stay at BOKU is unavoidable, we ask you to wear FFP2 masks in the sense of personal responsibility.
- The obligation to report a positive test at corona(at)boku.ac.at does not apply further.
- The internal rule for quarantine of vaccinated / recovered persons who had contact with positively tested persons will be suspended.
For questions, you can contact corona(at)boku.ac.at as usual.
With kind regards
Rectorate of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna