This page is available under these URLs:
Students have to study at Lincoln University for 1 semester:
- You have to take 30 ECTS of LU Master's courses (= 3 LU-units level 600; 20 LU credits = 10 ECTS)
- ERST 630 (sem 1) or 636 (sem 2) - compulsory
- 1 elective course in your field of specialisation
- 1 research course: this component could be a specific research related course from the LU Calendar such as a research placement, research essay or a methods course. Alternatively it could be recorded as an unspecified research activity equivalent to 20 LU credits (= 10ECTS) undertaken with your co-supervisor (recognized at LU by a 'certificate of proficiency")
- Additionally you will get 10 ECTS for the co-supervision of your thesis (called "dissertation" at LU)
Students have to complete three modular units (Master’s courses – level 600, each 10 ECTS), including
- one compulsory unit related to the main component Fundamentals of natural resources,
- and two elective units related to the main component Specialisations in thematic fields.
At least one of the elective units should be related to the topic of the master thesis.
Please check the currently valid curriculum to find out which courses you have to take at LU.
A list of courses offered at Lincoln University can be found at: http://www.lincoln.ac.nz/Study/Courses/
Please be aware that you are only allowed to choose master's courses (level 600)!
The selection of the thematic fields and related individual courses requires consent of the programme coordinator at Lincoln University.
Before you apply for the exchange, you have to make a first draft of your Narmee Individual Course Plan, which has to be approved by the Narmee Administrative Coordinator at BOKU.
The Individual Course Plan can be changed after arrival if necessary.
Information only relevant for students in the curriculum 15U - 2015/16
Ecological Engineering and Risk Management (EERM)
Subjects beginning with the prefixes ECOL, ENGN, ENGN, ERST, MICR, PHSC, PLPT, SOCI, SOSC or TRAN chosen with the approval of the Academic Board from the subjects listed in the schedule of Master’s degree subjects offered at Lincoln University.
Nature Conservation and Wildlife Management (NC)
Subjects beginning with the prefixes ECOL, ERST and PLPT chosen with the approval of the Academic Board from the subjects listed in the schedule of Master’s degree subjects offered at Lincoln University.
Economic and Social Sustainability in Natural Resources Management (ESS)
Subjects beginning with the prefixes ECON, ERST, BMGT and SOCI chosen with the approval of the Academic Board from the subjects listed in the schedule of Master’s degree subjects offered at Lincoln University. How to allocate LU courses to the BOKU specialisations?
Please ask the programme coordinator for advice.
The following list shows some examples. The list is not exhaustive and will be constantly extended. Whenever you ask the programme coordinator about a new course, please remind him to have it put on the list.
- ECOL 609 “Conservation Biology”: Nature Conservation and Wildlife Management
- ECOL 612 “Wildlife Management“: Nature Conservation and Wildlife Management
- RECN 626 “Natural Resource Recreation and Tourism”: Nature Conservation and Wildlife Management
- ERST 633 “Integrated Environmental Management”: Ecological Engineering and Risk Management
- ERST 623 “International Environmental Policy”: Economic and Social Sustainability in Natural Resources Management
- WATR 603 “Water Management, Policy and Planning”: Ecological Engineering and Risk Management und für General Skills/ Ecological Engineering and Risk Management
- ERST 621 “Principles of Environment Impact Assessment”: Ecological Engineering and Risk Management
- ERST 607 “Advanced Geographic Information Systems B”: Ecological Engineering and Risk Management