This page is available under these URLs:
Official BOKU students and postgraduates who meet the following minimum requirements may apply:
- home institution must be BOKU
- completion of the requirements necessary in composing a scientific work:
for the Doctoral Dissertation: the completion of the master’s degree and a minimum of 10 earned ECTS credits in the doctoral studies program,
for the Master’s Thesis: bachelor's degree and a minimum of 30 earned ECTS credits in the master program,
- between the ages of 19-35 years old: (unless the applicant is in the postdoctoral stage of research); justified exceptions, however, will also be considered (e.g. a later university start date or the simultaneous holding of a non-university, full-time job,…),
- the weighted grade point average may be no higher than 2.3,
- a certificate of foreign language proficiency, given either in the form of an earned passing grade (at least C1 level) authorized by a BOKU foreign language instructor (see: language proficiency test), or by results from one of the standardized foreign language proficiency tests (e.g. the IELTS, TOEFL, or Cambridge Certificate), or at least 15 earned ECTS credits in subject-specific courses in foreign language taken will be accepted as sufficient proof of foreign language ability,
- the applicant should not begin the research project abroad until after the deadline has passed and the award has been given.
- Priority for applications with an endorsement letter of supervising with a connection to a university at the host country.