Call for Papers: 2nd International Conference on Higher Education Advances, June 21 – 23, 2016 - Valencia, Spain
Homepage Twitter @headconf
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following topic areas:
- Innovative materials and new tools for teaching.
- Teaching and learning experiences.
- Educational technology (e.g., virtual labs, e-learning).
- Evaluation and assessment of student learning.
- Emerging technologies in learning (e.g., MOOC, OER, gamification).
- Educational strategies.
- Experiences outside the classroom (e.g., practicums, mobility).
- New teaching/learning theories and models.
- Globalization in education and education reforms.
- Learning for employment.
- Education accreditation, quality and assessment.
- Competency-based learning and skill assessment.
- Submission deadline: January 29, 2016
- Author notification: March 30, 2016
- Camera ready due: April 19, 2016
- Conference dates: June 21-23, 2016
Accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings, published by UPV Press, and will be provided with a DOI number and indexed in major international bibliographic databases. Authors of selected papers will be awarded and invited to submit an extended version to an international journal special issue.
The HEAd’16 Program Committee will select the winners for the Best Paper and Best Student Paper awards. To be eligible for the best student paper award, the first author of the paper authors must be a full-time student at the time of submission.
Authors from all over the world are invited to submit original and unpublished papers, which are not under review in any other conference or journal. All papers will be peer reviewed by the program committee based on their originality, significance, methodological soundness, and clarity of exposition.
Submitted papers must be written in English and should be in PDF format. They must follow the instructions in the template file, available in Microsoft Word format.
Paper length must be between 4 and 8 pages, incorporating all text, references, figures and tables. These guidelines are strict: papers failing to adhere to the guidelines will be rejected without consideration of their merits. Submissions imply the willingness of at least one author to register, attend the conference, and present the paper.
HEAd’16 is using the OCS platform of UPV Press to manage the submissions. This platform provides you with a submissions homepage where you can register your paper submission and make appropriate changes. The submission website
About the venue
Valencia is the third largest city in Spain and is located on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea. It embraces culture and tradition from the past combined with singular architecture, exciting gastronomy, nightlife, and beautiful white sand beaches. Valencia is the capital city of the Comunitat Valenciana region, which is major tourist destination in summer. More info
The HEAd’16 conference will be held on June 21-23, 2016 at the Faculty of Business Administration and Management of the Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV), which has been recently ranked as the best technical university in Spain by the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2015.