Estonian University of Life Sciences vacancies for new Professorships from September 1, 2017
Institute of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences
Chair Professor of Animal Breeding and Biotechnology
Chair Professor of Animal Nutrition
Chair Professor of Aquaculture
Chair Professor of Veterinary Bio- and Population Medicine
Chair Professor of Clinical Veterinary Medicine
Chair Professor of Food Science and Technology
Chair Professor of Food Hygiene and Veterinary Public Health
Professor of Clinical Immunology
Institute of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Chair Professor of Plant Biology and Crop Science
Chair Professor of Horticulture
Chair Professor of Plant Health
Chair Professor of Soil Science
Chair Professor of Landscape and Environmental Management
Chair Professor of Landscape Architecture
Chair Professor of Biological Diversity and Nature Tourism
Chair Professor of Hydrobiology and Fishery
Professor of Soil Ecology
Institute of Forestry and Rural Engineering
Chair Professor of Silviculture and Forest Ecology
Chair Professor of Geomatics
Chair Professor of Forest Management Planning and Wood Processing Technologies
Chair Professor of Rural Building and Water Management
Institute of Technology
Chair Professor of Biosystems Engineering
Chair Professor of Energy Application Engineering
Professor of Ergonomics
Chair Professor has both academic and administrative duties concurrently.
- leading R&D activity of the chair;
- conducting and directing R&D work of the chair;
- successfully initiating and leading research projects;
- managing organization of studies, incl. supervising of MSc & PhD students;
- creating motivating and intellectually stimulating environment for the chair.
To participate in the competition, candidates are required to submit the following documents to the Academic Secretary (Fr. R. Kreutzwaldi 1, 51014 TARTU, ESTONIA)
- an application to the Rector;
- a copy of the document certifying PhD degree or equivalent;
- CV (Curriculum Vitae) incl.
- list of scientific publications of the last 10 years, indexed in Thomson Reuters Web of Science or Scopus;
- up to 10 significant publications from the earlier period may be included at will;
- information on academic work done within five recent years ;
- candidates should consider adding the names of two individuals who can be called upon to provide information regarding the candidate’s work;
- motivation letter reflecting the candidate’s vision about the development of this specific research field and related international cooperation in the university, and the measures that the candidate is going to take for increasing the level of research and teaching in the field (max 1500 words);
- other relevant materials at the discretion of the applicant.
Application documents shall be submitted in the written form (either on paper or as a digitally signed document by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in English.
Please note that the application has to be submitted until April 3, 2017.
Further particulars are available: