Summer Academy on Intercultural Experience at Karlshochschule from July 16 to 27 in Germany – apply now
Get to know international campus life, meet new people from all over the world, and qualify for a future career in cross-cultural work environments. Our living and working environment is affected by globalization and internationalization. Hence, the ability to effectively communicate and deal with others in intercultural settings became a necessity. The Summer Academy on Intercultural Experience is organized since 2010 by InterCultur gGmbH (subsidiary of AFS Germany) and Karlshochschule International University. It brings together young people from all over the world to work together on the following questions:
- What are major themes in intercultural cooperation and communication?
- How have international networks changed?
- What kinds of conflicts arise and how can we deal with them?
- How do society and organizations react to intercultural challenges in a world of growing complexity and diversity?
- How can we integrate sustainable solutions in diverse societies?
The Summer Academy is characterized by its innovative combination of university lectures and practical workshops. The Academy is being held in English and is open to anyone aged 18–35 with a demonstrable interest in intercultural encounters, especially undergraduate students and young professionals. Reduced prices for students, volunteers, and employees of non-profit organizations are being offered.