Animation/Comics Competition for GEO-6 Youth, Asia-Pacific – submission deadline: April 30
The Global Environment Outlook is produced periodically by UN Environment and gives a broad outline of where the global environment is heading. Five editions of this report have been published and the sixth is being prepared. Assessments of the state of the environment in different regions have been produced as part of this preparation. The Regional Assessment for Asia Pacific is one of them. A youth version of this report is under development. To make this youth-oriented report accessible to a wider audience, UN Environment is organizing an animation and comic competition.
The theme of the animation and comic competition is: Our eARTh, Our Story. Entries can be on one of the topics listed below.
- Our eARTh, our region – touching on current situation and challenges for environment in Asia Pacific and why young people matter
- Life on the line – conveying messages on how critical pollution is in Asia Pacific and what can be done to address it
- Cycle of care – that we need to care for nature, so nature can care of you.
- Resilience in a changing environment – the reality of climate change and impacts and solutions
- Striking change – stronger actions together by young people