Teacher Refresher Course, Ireland
Who is this course for?
- English Language Teachers (TEFL/TESOL) and for those for whom English is a Medium of Instruction (E.M.I) such as teachers and lecturers in third-level institutions and teachers in both primary and secondary schools.
What does the course cover?
- Methodology and latest ELT developments;
- Developing material evaluation and creation skills;
- Integrating technology into the classroom;
- Developing effective language skills and language system lessons;
- Developing skills to integrate pronunciation improvement effectively into your teaching contexts;
- Developing skills for different teaching contexts and environments;
- Empowering learner autonomy.
This course provides an opportunity to familiarize yourself with latest innovations in English language teaching and to share your own teaching experience with fellow practitioners from around the world in a series of interactive input sessions. You will gain creative, practical and easy-to-implement ideas for your teaching from tutors with long and varied experience in English language teaching. Observations of real-time lessons in our Centre are offered and participants will be assigned observation and reflection tasks. The course will re-energise you in your teaching and you will return equipped with fresh ideas and materials to enhance your teaching and engage more effectively with your learners.