120998 Security training for studying and field research abroad - raising awareness for critical and emergency situations (in Eng.)
- Vorlesung und Übung
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Angeboten im Semester
- Wintersemester 2018/19
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
This course shall help you preparing your field research, field trip or any other stay in a foreign country. We will give an introduction to hazards, safety, security and health issues that might affect the successful progress of our project while travelling, doing research or studying abroad. We will support you in answering these questions:
How do I prepare my trip for avoiding health and safety issues in the country of destination?
- What do I have to take into account during a trip for avoiding health and safety issues?
- What are the needed steps and behaviour during critical incidents?
- How should I react after such an incident?
We will define key word such as e.g. hazard, risk, safety, security.
A strong focus will be given on travel preparation s (gathering information, insurance, registration at BMEiA, detailed planning of transport and accommodation, handling money & documents, your emergency envelope, the BOKU emergency plan, your grab bag, etc.).
We will also discuss with you your “local safety & security plan” and the need for establishing your local safety network, doing a local risk analysis, preparing local protection strategies, organizing local reciprocal help just in case, preparing measures and materials for protection.
Watch that this course shall raise awareness and serve as introduction. You will learn where and how you might gain additional and in depth knowledge and training on all issues covered, if needed for your trip.
A well prepared trip that takes into account several precautionary practices is always fun! So let us help you making your trip fun and not a nightmare!
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
After this course the students will:
- Being able to explain all needed steps for preparing a trip abroad as requested by BOKU and needed for the country of destination.
- Being prepared to acquire additional specialist knowledge from additional sources on safety and health issues needed for the country of destination.
- Having improved skills for reducing risks during stay abroad.
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.