752332 Processes in enzyme technology (in Eng.)
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Nguyen, Thu Ha
- Angeboten im Semester
- Wintersemester 2019/20
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
The course will provide an overview of the key enzymes currently used in industrial processes. An overview of the technical use of enzymes and the possibilities to change and improve enzyme performance for adaptation to technical applications including enzyme optimization through enzyme discovery and engineering will be presented. A number of case studies highlighting the use of enzymes in industries e.g., starch conversion, food production, textile, wood fiber processing, biofuel production etc. will be explored.
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
After passing the course, the students should be able to:
- understand the fundamentals of catalytic principles, enzyme kinetics and reaction mechanisms,
- explain the key structural factors which give rise to increased enzyme stability important for industrial applications,
- describe methods for selection and optimisation of industrial enzymes using genetic and biochemical techniques,
- describe and evaluate methods for enzyme immobilization and for characterization of the properties of immobilized enzymes
- describe a contemporary application of enzyme technology and present in a well-structured oral presentation.
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.