754323 Validation of cleaning processes and hygienic design (in Eng.)
Diese Seite ist erreichbar unter:
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Angeboten im Semester
- Sommersemester 2020
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
This course is dedicated to hazards in food production associated with the design of buildings and equipment and presents ways to control these hazards.
Following an introduction into aspects of food safety and relevant legal requirements and guidelines, the students get comprehensive information on
-hygienic design of factory buildings and equipment,
-hygienic factory zoning concepts and
-cleaning in food manufacturing environment
as prerequisite condition to prevent the ingress, growth and accumulation of hazards in food production.
Hygienic Design is about the functional design of buildings and equipment and the application of construction materials that will facilitate cleanability and the prevention of cross-contamination in a food production.
Cleaning validation is discussed as a systematic approach providing evidence through testing that the cleaning systems are reliable and reproducible.
The course will be done as "blended learning", partially as e-learning (studying on-line materials, case studies, collaborative problem solving, e-communication activities), and partially as face to face lectures. Case studies (theoretical and practical applications in the pilot plant or in a food factory) will be elaborated as teamwork or individual task.
- Food Safety, Food Hazards
- Legislative and Guidelines, Hygienic Building Design (Construction Elements, Utility Installations, Air Related Aspects, Water Related Aspects, Factory Zoning), Hygienic Equipment Design, Hygienic Equipment Installation and Integration
Cleaning and Disinfection methods:
- wet cleaning, cleaning in place, cleaning out of place
Procedure of Cleaning Validation:
- Status Evaluation, Risk Analysis, Cleaning Process Studies, Sampling Methods (Assessment and Implementation)
- to be elaborated as teamwork or individual task
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
basic knowledge in microbiology
After successful completion of the course, the students have knowledge on legal requirements and guidelines in the field of hygienic food production. The students are able to identify hygienic risks in food production areas and to make proposals for improvement. They have knowledge on mechanisms and methods of cleaning and sanitation. Furthermore, they are familiar with carrying out a cleaning validation and working in teams.
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.