958348 Biology and physiology of the grapevine (in Eng.)
- Vorlesung und Seminar
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Nocker, Laura , Forneck, Astrid
- Angeboten im Semester
- Wintersemester 2019/20
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
- Fundamental principles of biology and cultivation of the grapevine including taxonomy, morphology, physiology, propagation and production as well as botanical aspects including anatomy, physiology and biochemistry of grape berry development and fruit ripening.
- Impact of physiological variables such as photosynthesis, assimilate translocation, mineral nutrition, phytohormones and water relations on growth and fruit development, ripening and composition.
- Stress physiology; Impact of abiotic and biotic stresses, plant stress symptoms, reaction pathways, genetic mutations, etc. Special discussion of stress physiology on selected issues, based on current research.
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
Solid knowledge in plant sciences, plant physiology, soil sciences.
Studens will be provided with a detailed understanding of grapevine physiology and management of vines for quality and wine production. Students successfully finishing this class will:
Deep insight on the the biology of the grapevine (anatomy, morphology development and reproduction,
understand the processes of fruit set, berry ripening and factors affector the ripining process on the vine,
Understand the impact of physiological vairables (e.g. photosynthesis, water relation and assimilate translocation on growth and fruit development, ripening and composition
Learn the physiological impact of stress on the vine
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.