856306 Traffic and transport planning (in Eng.)
Diese Seite ist erreichbar unter:
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Hartwig, Lukas , Susilo, Yusak , Gühnemann, Astrid
- Angeboten im Semester
- Sommersemester 2021
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
The course will include a series of lecturer's and students' presentations on the interrelations between urban and regional development, societal change and sustainable transport. This includes theoretical approaches, empirical studies as well as policy and planning concepts to cope with recent (and expected future) trends. Topics include environmental, social and economic concepts of sustainable transport, sustainable urban mobility planning, transport and spatial planning (Time geography, Land-use transport feedback cycle, ...), urban concepts and their impacts on transport (Thünen, Broadacre, Plan Voisin, Edge City, ...), societal change and trends in mobility and logistics and evaluation and assessment.
Students will be introduced to techniques for developing visions for sustainable transport systems, apply these in small groups to selected case studies which they will then present in class in a stakeholder workshop style setting.
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
Basic knowledge of research methods. Familiarity with academic literature and literature sources.
By the end of the course, students will be able to
- understand basic principles of sustainable transport, accessibility and mobility
- understand complex interrelations between urban and regional development, societal change and transport
- apply techniques for the development of transport visions
- critically reflect and discuss these basic principles and interrelations
- draw conclusions for transport planning and policy concepts.
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.