732117 Environmental and energy policy in the EU (in Eng.)
Diese Seite ist erreichbar unter:
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Buzogany, Aron
- Angeboten im Semester
- Sommersemester 2021
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
This course aims to provide students with an introduction into European environmental and energy politics and policy. We will discuss the development of EU environmental and energy policies over the last almost 50 years, get to know main institutions and actors of policy-making involved at different stages of the policy cycle (such as agenda-setting, decision-making and implementation) and discuss central policy developments in several fields (such as climate change, renewable energy, biodiversity, GMOs or water management). Attention will be given to developments taking place at the EU-level, but also to the EU’s influence on the Member States’ environmental and energy policies and the EU’s external impact on regional and global levels.
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
The course is open for all with an interest in interdisciplinary discussion with a social science focus.
- This course will help students to understand the making of EU environmental and energy policies and its effects on different actors.
- Students will acquire specific knowledge of core concepts of international environmental and climate change policy.
- Students will be introduced to methods of comparative institutional analysis and to social science methodology.
- Students will have the opportunity to gain an in-depth focus on a relevant topic by working individually or in small groups on their presentation and term paper.
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.