814030 Summer School: Alternative Economic and Monetary Systems (in Eng.)
Diese Seite ist erreichbar unter:
- Vorlesung und Seminar
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Kromp-Kolb, Helga , Kirchner, Mathias
- Angeboten im Semester
- Sommersemester 2022
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
Overconsumption, resource depletion, overpopulation, environmental degradation – the current problems are vast and well known. But rather than just adding another discussion of the current state of the world, the summer school “Alternative Economic and Monetary Systems. The economy of the future” aims to offer solutions and provides the opportunity to link theoretical approaches with subject-specific content from different scientific disciplines and work experience from professionals. Lectures, workshops and discussion panels explore the intricate interactions of "society" and "economy“.
AEMS starts with a 1 day introduction for non-business students and continues with five modules:
Module 1: Introduction: The multiple crises and the need for alternative a
Pproaches (1 day)
Module 2: Democratising the economic system (2 days)
Module 3: Democratising the financial and monetary system (3 days)
Module 4: Towards socio-ecological transformation: ecological economics, de-
growth, well-being (3 days)
Module 5: Wrap-up and Synthesis (1 day)
AEMS Vienna 2016 is a cooperation of the Vienna University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (BOKU), the movement Economy for the Common Good, the OeAD-Housing Office and several further public and private institutions (see: http://summer-university.net/study-abroad/aems-vienna/). There you can also find a detailed, preliminary programme.
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
Interest in current day-to-day politics and questions of economic, ecological and social sustainability. Non-business students have to attend the introductory day on July 27, 2016.
Develop an understanding for
- alternative economic and monetary systems (current state-of-art in theory as well as practical approaches and current implementations)
- ecologic sustainability and resource management (link between economic models and the provision of natural resources)
- economic and environmental ethics (macro- and meso-level approaches as well as individual ethics)
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.