790404 Lab rotation BioMatInt (in Eng.)
Diese Seite ist erreichbar unter:
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Kasper, Cornelia , Lichtenegger, Helga , Gübitz, Georg , Mayer, Herwig , Ludwig, Roland , Liebner, Falk , Reimhult, Erik , Oostenbrink, Chris
- Angeboten im Semester
- Sommersemester 2022
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
In the lab rotation BioMatInt, doctoral candidates are expected to get a hands-on introduction to the key methods in one of the participating labs of the doctoral school. Doctoral candidates are not allowed to select (one of) the lab(s) in which they are doing their own research, but should gain experiences in one of the other contributing labs. Depending on the hosting laboratory, the lab-rotation can be set up as a hands-on practical course with an introduction to the most important equipment and methods, or as a small research project (max 2 weeks) during which the doctoral candidate is guided to work on a specific research question.
Practical lab work offered includes:
introduction to cell cultivation, sterile working, cell thawing, cell seeding and passaging, cell count/growth curve, cell viability
setting up molecular dynamics simulations that are relevant for the student’s own research;
activity assays and enzyme kinetics, biosensor characterization, electrochemical methods for surface characterization, e.g. impedance spectroscopy
mechanical testing, scanning electron microscopy, X-ray scattering
characterizing bacterial interactions with surface modifications: polymer and antimicrobial surface modification, characterizing surface modification, holographic tracking of bacteria, quantification of bacteria viability, scanning electron microscopy of bacteria-colonized interfaces
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
according to Doc School admission requirements
After completion of this course students will be able to:
- set up, run and analyse molecular dynamics simulations for biomolecular systems
- use selected techniques for biomaterial interface modification and compatibilization, including analytical methods for proofing success of that operation
- work with an enzyme related to his/her study and can use the generated data for the thesis work
- work with cell cultures under sterile conditions incl. cell seeding techniques
- measure enzyme activity and apply enzymes for biotransformation of polymers and will be introduced into methods for monitoring enzymatic functionalisation of materials.
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.