853107 Exkursion zu Landschaftspflege (in Eng.)
Diese Seite ist erreichbar unter:
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Wanner, Alice , Ressar, Kim
- Angeboten im Semester
- Wintersemester 2021/22
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
This course will include an overnight stay in the Vienna Woods (more information to follow). Please be aware that 3-G will apply and an additional PCR test before arrival are requirements. Please check the online information on the bottom of the page.
The Covid 19 pandemic has left its mark on the Vienna Woods. Shifts and changes due to the increased use of recreational areas by the local population are becoming evident. The basis of the changes are found in altered user behavior and recreation strategies, pressure from heightened use of selected areas and resulting conflicts, as well as shifting values and a shifting awareness of the population in regard to the human-nature relationship. Balancing the needs of different user groups is challenging for landscape conservation strategies such as nature conservation and economic activities.
Divided into thematic groups, the students will investigate reports from the media and the previous field trip to lay the foundation for the field trip. Each group will investigate a
different focal point which will be in the field of landscape conservation management.
On the days spent in the field, relevant stakeholders will share their experiences of changes occurring since the beginning of the pandemic and how user conflicts change (especially due to the seasons). We will speak (presumably in German) with representatives of relevant local institutions and visit potential conflict areas. Students will collect data on recent developments empirically and analyse these in the final group paper.
Grading is based on participation, literature review and analysis of the findings from the field trip which will be summarized in the final group paper.
Arrival and departure to the meeting points of the field trip are to be organized individually. However, these will be reachable by public transportation.
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
Literature Review which will be discussed in a preliminary meeting
• Understanding the challenges of Covid-19 pandemic on landscape management
• Understanding a variety of stakeholder perspectives and their relevance for landscape planning
• Analysis of how increased number of users affects landscape conservation
• Understanding some links between theory and practical implementation
• Basic understanding of human-nature relationship, values and awareness in
• Expanding methodological abilities: literature review and analysis, stakeholder
discussion and interviews, collection and analysis of empirical data, collaborative
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.