851016 First Steps with R (in Eng.)
Diese Seite ist erreichbar unter:
- Vorlesung und Übung
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Scharl-Hirsch, Theresa
- Angeboten im Semester
- Wintersemester 2022/23
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
This course covers the first steps with the statistical computing environment R. It is the basis of many other courses offered at the Institute of Statistics and will be held as a blocked course online at the beginning of the semester. The course will also be recorded.
R is a flexible and powerful statistics program that is freely available. R is a noncommercial alternative to programs like SAS, SPSS, or S-PLUS.
The following topics will be covered:
* Installation, packages
* R as calculator, data types, classes, random number generator, control structures
* Introduction to plotting and data import/export
* RStudio as an editor: RStudio is an integrated development environment (IDE) for R and includes a console, a syntax-highlighting editor that supports direct code execution, as well as tools for plotting, history, debugging and workspace management.
* R Markdown reports: R Markdown documents are fully reproducible and weave together narrative text and code to produce elegantly formatted output.
Participants should be able to use the basic functions of the R programming system and to do elmentary statistical analyses.
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.